[alsa-devel] mainline tlv320aic26 driver

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue May 19 20:19:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:09:50AM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:

> I don't know the best way for your fabric driver to find the aic26 spi
> device.  It probably should use bus_find_device() and
> dev_get_drvdata() to resolve to the value that codec_data should be
> set to.

With non-PowerPC platforms that don't use the of-simple bodge the
machine driver finds the CODEC by referencing them from the data
structures referenced from the snd_soc_device.  You don't need to look
up the struct device for the CODEC.

For an AT91 example look at the sam9g20_wm8731.c driver - you want to
replace the references to the wm8731 DAI and CODEC with those for the
tlv320aic26.