[alsa-devel] POLLOUT warnings dropped by Pulseaudio

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Tue May 19 14:59:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

Pulseaudio keeps telling

May 19 12:22:59 mecbuk pulseaudio[1630]: alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to
write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write!
May 19 12:22:59 mecbuk pulseaudio[1630]: alsa-sink.c: Most likely this
is a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_hda_intel'. Please report this issue to
the ALSA developers.
May 19 12:22:59 mecbuk pulseaudio[1630]: alsa-sink.c: We were woken up
with POLLOUT set -- however a subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or
another value < min_avail.

on quite every system (say 8 out of 10). I remember the long discussion
thread about a few problems found and fixed in alsa-lib. Is there
anything left to do, any way of helping by sending some debugging output
or else, to fix those issues totally?

Or should I silently ignore those messages?

Thanks,
Ozan Caglayan