[alsa-devel] Regarding Sound on Acer Aspire 6935G

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue May 19 07:37:53 CEST 2009

At Mon, 18 May 2009 20:00:56 -0300,
Emilio López wrote:

> I tried it, but it didn't work - I got an extra option that said 2/4/6
> channels, but it didn't do anything interesting apart from changing somehow
> the volume! The mic didn't work either.

I think there is something wrong in your setup, then.
The device Aspire 6930 is reported to work, at least.

Anyway, please give a bit more clear description of bugs you mention
(what you expected and what didn't work), and give alsa-info.sh output
(run with --no-upload option) after trying the very latest alsa-driver
snapshot.  Otherwise there is no way to go forward.

One should skip the mic input issue, to check as the last one.

Takashi