[alsa-devel] No jack sense on Intel 82801I / IDT 92HD71B7X in a HP dv4

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue May 19 07:33:50 CEST 2009

At Mon, 18 May 2009 17:20:54 -0300,
Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira wrote:

> Em Qua, 2009-04-29 às 08:37 +0200, Takashi Iwai escreveu:
> > > It behaves exactly like it did with no model, including all mixer
> > > controls. Still no headphones sense. Still works after alsa-info is
> > run.
> >
> > OK, it means that the unsolicited event isn't processed properly
> > at jack plugging.  But still strange why alsa-info.sh can trigger it.
> >
> > Could you put some debug print to the unsol even handler to see
> > whether you get any even when you plug the jack?
> >

> Can you point me to the correct function? Just tell me how the function
> is called and I can grep it.

It's stac92xx_unsol_event().

> BTW, there is some document describing general ALSA organization for
> clueless newbies?

A clueless newbie should read the general linux driver documentation
at first :)
After that, he can check a document like "writing an alsa driver", or
$LINUX/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt for hd-audio specific
information.

> Also, is printf() enough or there is a specific debug function.

To see the event flow, it should be enough.