[alsa-devel] Testers wanted: New SB X-Fi driver

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri May 15 17:25:07 CEST 2009

At Thu, 14 May 2009 12:52:17 +0200,
I wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after some communications with Creative, I finally got a mergeable
> version of their X-Fi driver.  It's not my crappy hack but by genuine
> Creative :)
>
> The patch is now merged into sound-unstable GIT tree topic/ctxfi
> branch:
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable-2.6.git
>
> The corresponding alsa-driver snapshot tarball is:
>   ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz
>
> The driver module is named as snd-ctxfi.
>
> I tested only the driver builds with recent kernels, but unfortunately
> I have no test hardware now, so it'd be helpful if anyone can test
> it with a real hardware.
>
> Note that the ctxfi driver might conflict with the HD-audio driver.
> So it'd be nice if you save the output of lspci before loading the
> drivers and let me know if any problem happens.  Also, at testing,
> please check the kernel message.  If this conflict really happens, try
> to build without hd-audio, that is, run configure with
> --with-cards=ctxfi option in addition to others, and test whether it
> works with this workaround (better after reboot to reset the board
> info by BIOS).
>
> Once after I get positive feedbacks (or fix after negative ones), I'm
> going to merge it to the main tree so that it'll be in the next
> kernel.  So, a quick test report would be greatly appreciated.

It seems that there is no critical issues, so far.
Thus I merged X-fi patch to sound GIT tree.  It'll appear in the
normal alsa-driver snapshot below, too.
    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz

Any positive / negative feedback reports are still appreciated.

thanks,