[alsa-devel] 2.6.29 regression: left audio channel broken after resume from suspend with Intel HDA

Nigel Cunningham ncunningham-lkml at crca.org.au
Thu May 7 13:54:40 CEST 2009

Hi.

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 12:45 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> The problem is that BIOS on your machine sets this pin both for
> input and output.  Since it's set as input, the driver respects
> the BIOS setup and skips to override.

'scuse the ignorance, but this makes me ask: Are pins logically
unrelated to jacks? I have a Dell M1530, and it has some jacks that can
work as either inputs or outputs. Under M$, when I plug something in, a
dialog box pops up asking me whether I connected a mic, line in or an
output jack (I forget the details). Sounds like Tino's problem is what
I'd expect from my BIOS. But I'm probably completely ignorant :)

Regards,

Nigel