[alsa-devel] question on hardware mixing

Harsha, Priya priya.harsha at intel.com
Thu May 7 16:35:56 CEST 2009

>I wrote "mixer controls to switch between these settings for each
>substream", i.e., each substream would have its own flag.

If I create a mixer control using snd_kcontrol. When two applications in parallel try to create a stream and change the snd_kcontrol, can you help me understand how I would get the stream type stored in each substream as a flag?

Also, when I get a snd_kcontrol's .set function call, I am not sure how to get the substream specific data in that call?

Thanks,
Harsha