[alsa-devel] Beep sound in the end of audio file

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Thu May 7 13:08:14 CEST 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 08:48:25 Ujfalusi Peter (Nokia-D/Tampere) wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 May 2009 17:19:49 ext Todd Fischer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > FWIW: while developing a GSTreamer presentation using a BegleBoard (rev
> > C), I noticed the same "tuck" sound.  It also occurs a second or two
> > after the GST application exits.  I assumed it was some power management
> > code that was disabling the audio codec after it had gone idle, but never
> > looked into it.  BeagleBoard also uses TWL4030.
> >
> > GST command: gst-launch audiotestsrc freq=1000 num-buffers=100 ! alsasink
> >
> > /proc/version: Linux version 2.6.28-omap1 (ddompe at Aleph) (gcc version
> > 4.3.1 (GCC) ) #2 Thu Mar 5 08:55:58 CST 2009
>
> The "tuck" is coming from the codec, when it is powered down (in the old
> twl4030 codec found in omap-2.6.28 branch of linux-omap).
> But, it still happens with the latest version, when the codec is muted
> only. I can observe the "tuck" on Headset output, but not on the
> PreDrive... The Headset enable and disable is implemented according to the
> TRM, but it seams that additional tweaking is needed..

I need to revisit this...
After more testing and debugging, it seams that I can not confirm the
existence of the "tuck" (with the latest twl4030  codec code).
As soon as I receive my Beagle board I will test it again (can anyone test
this with latest ASoC code on Beagle?)...

[Anuj]: What kernel are you using where you have the beep?

--
Péter