[alsa-devel] Beep sound in the end of audio file

Todd Fischer todd.fischer at ridgerun.com
Wed May 6 16:19:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

FWIW: while developing a GSTreamer presentation using a BegleBoard (rev
C), I noticed the same "tuck" sound.  It also occurs a second or two
after the GST application exits.  I assumed it was some power management
code that was disabling the audio codec after it had gone idle, but
never looked into it.  BeagleBoard also uses TWL4030.

GST command: gst-launch audiotestsrc freq=1000 num-buffers=100 !
alsasink

/proc/version: Linux version 2.6.28-omap1 (ddompe at Aleph) (gcc version
4.3.1 (GCC) ) #2 Thu Mar 5 08:55:58 CST 2009

Code image: http://www.beagleboard.org/~arago/esc/esc2009sj.v12.img.gz

Todd