[alsa-devel] Beep sound in the end of audio file

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Wed May 6 07:33:10 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 20:03:57 ext Aggarwal, Anuj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After playing out any audio file on OMAP3 EVM, having TWL4030 codec,
> I am hearing a beep sound. I have also tried implementing a mute function
> in which I disabled all the inputs/outputs but still that didn't help.
>
> Any idea how this can be avoided?

I have not heard from this kind of problem so far, which does not mean, that
it does not exist ;)
Can you describe the beep sound?

After a quick look I can not pin point the soc board file used with the
omap3evm board. Is it in the tree?

Does the beep happens in these cases also (after stopping it with Ctrl+C):
aplay -f dat /dev/zero
aplay -f dat /dev/urandom

CC-ing alsa-devel...

--