[alsa-devel] dmix and mmap

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon May 4 09:17:59 CEST 2009

At Fri, 1 May 2009 12:32:41 +0100,
Mark Brown wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 02:29:41PM -0500, Gabriel Johnson wrote:
>
> > is working.  Now using the ioctl to get mmap address of the dma space
> > isn't working, I get a kernel machine check error:

> > Should the default mmap ioctl functions work on powerpc?
>
> I know that there were some problems with PowerPC memory access,
> unfortunately I don't know any specifics or if these issues are fixed in
> current kernels.  Searching for postings by Takashi Iwai on the PowerPC
> kernel lists might turn something up.

The ALSA mmap support on non-coherent architecture is still buggy.

Some test patches are found in sound.git tree test/dma-fix branch.
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git

The sound-unstable tree already merges this branch.  Try that tree instead.
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable-2.6.git