[alsa-devel] Acer Ferrari 5000

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Mar 23 11:54:12 CET 2009

At Sat, 21 Mar 2009 22:23:15 -0700,
Russ Dill wrote:

> GIven the recent changes in gnome land (pulseaudio), I'd like to be
> able to get alsa support for my hardware fixed up. My biggest
> annoyance right now is that when I plug headphones in, it doesn't mute
> the speakers. Another issue I have is that I'd like to have support
> for audio out on HDMI (which is supported by Vista). On with the show.

Try the later version of alsa-driver or kernel, and pass model=auto.
As default model=acer is chosen for ALC883 with Acer vendor SSID,
and it's known that it doesn't match with the recent Acer laptops
at all.  The BIOS auto-parsing mode would work better recently.

> I'm currently running 2.6.28-9-generic (Ubuntu 9.04). All my info is
> below, what can I do to get everything exposed and working?

Please run alsa-info.sh with --no-upload option, and attach the
generated file.  This will contain more comprehensive information.
The script is found at
    http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh

thanks,