[alsa-devel] alsa driver for digigram lx6464es

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Mar 23 11:49:15 CET 2009

At Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:26:11 +0100,
Tim Blechmann wrote:

> >> takashi, i would like to submit the patch to alsa soon ... how should i
> >> proceed? can you do a review of the code?
> >
> > Simply post patches to alsa-devel ML and Cc to me (or vice versa).
> > But I'll be on vacation from this week (Wednesday) until the Easter
> > holidays.  So, sooner better ;)
>
> the patch seems to be too large for the mailing-list, 140kb ...	i hope
> the moderator will accept the message ...

Ah, that's the problem, yes.  Will check later.

> please note, that i included 4 header files and some minor code portions
> from digigram's windows driver, which do not match the linux coding
> style. i preferred to do so in order to keep the similarity to the
> windows driver, which was my main reference for implementing the driver.

Well, basically it doesn't help to keep the non-standard coding style.
Once after your code is merged to the kernel tree, it's no more your
baby.  Everyone will modify the code, and one of people's favorite
actions is to re-format codes to improve the readability :)

So, if it's intended to be merged, please follow the standard coding
style.

thanks,