[alsa-devel] Bugs on aspire one A150

Andreas Mohr andi at lisas.de
Tue Mar 17 11:38:45 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:05:00AM +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> "Dreamcom 10 Laptop" [7]: " integrated Realtek HD audio processor, two
> built-in Akustica digital microphones and two built-in stereo speakers"
> This was the only reference up and down that I could find to _any_
> notebook's microphone manufacturer listing. I suspect that
> Aspire One has an Akustica microphone array as well since Akustica
> seems to be the leading brand (hmm, any ideas about where the
> second microphone is located if at all existing, but it must exist!!?
> - probably at the front bottom?).

NOPE. Aspire One most definitely has a Fortemedia SAM (small array
microphone) due to this output:

ForteMedia SAM-Soft Library Loaded!

I had already wanted to add the mention of Fortemedia as microphone
manufacturer (forgot this last time), then I researched more and found it.

Fortemedia device names include FM2018-380, not sure yet which one is in
Aspire One.

( especially http://www.fortemedia.com/products/fm1182.htm )