[alsa-devel] My PC has 6GB memory but the limitation of the alsa-driver is 4GB.

Emmanuel Chanel emmanuelchanel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:53:02 CET 2009

Takashi Iwai wrote at 08:15 +0100 , 2009-03-16 (Mon)
> Hmm, then it's a bug of AMD/ATI controller chip.
>
> The problem is however likely only about CORB/RIRB addresses, and not
> about the sample buffers.  So setting 32bit there couldn't be the
> "right" fix.

Yeah, he said so, too. I mistook.

> How about the patch below?

I tried but it says

----
[emmanuel at star1 alsa-driver-1.0.19]$ patch -p1 <
hda_intel_Takashi_Iwai_0903161.diff
patching file sound/pci/hda/hda_intel.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2136.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 2218.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 2319.
sound/pci/hda/hda_intel.c.rej
----

Which version of the source shall I patch ? svn ?

--
Emmanuel Chanel <emmanuelchanel at gmail.com>