[alsa-devel] broonie/sound-2.6.git rebase?

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Sun Mar 15 22:16:50 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 09:44:27PM +0100, Daniel Mack wrote:

> Could you rebase your broonie/sound-2.6.git to Linus' master? When
> trying to merge them, I currently get:

No I can't do that, it's almost entirely Takashi's tree and in any case
I doubt that this would actually help with the problems you are seeing.

Looking at what you're getting below I suspect you've got something that
looks like the ASoC branch in there but for some reason git isn't
figuring out the merge automatically.  In my experience this is normally
a result of either cherry picking patches over or having had one of your
patches merged (which has the same effect).

> From git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound-2.6
>  * branch            pxa-ssp    -> FETCH_HEAD

I suspect this is a pull or something, rather than a merge?

> Auto-merging arch/arm/mach-shark/include/mach/io.h
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/arm/mach-shark/include/mach/io.h

There's no diff between my tree and Linus' tree here any more.

> Auto-merging sound/soc/codecs/wm8400.c
> CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in sound/soc/codecs/wm8400.c

This file isn't present in Linus' tree.

> Or is there any mystery about git I still haven't fully understood?

I would expect that the easiest thing to do here is for you to just
accept all the for-2.6.30 versions of things.