[alsa-devel] [RFC/PATCH] pxa2xx_ac97 and gpio reset line

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Sun Mar 15 13:36:48 CET 2009

Mark Brown <broonie at sirena.org.uk> writes:

> Could you change this to provide an explicit way of specifying that (eg,
> with -1 as the GPIO)?
Sure.

>  There are other things we might want platform data for in future - passing
> data to the AC97 codec, for example - so we can't rely on people not
> specifying platform data for anything.
I don't understand the "anything". What should be done if pdata is passed with
reset_gpio = 0 then ?

Should this be considered as the default case and transformed into 113 ? That
sounds a bit buggy, because if someone changes his code to include platform_data
support, they'll have to init platform_data anyway, and fill in reset_gpio
field.

Should this be handled like a casual gpio (ie. gpio 99) ?

--
Robert