[alsa-devel] Roland/Edirol M-16DX

Lasse Kärkkäinen tronic at trn.iki.fi
Sun Mar 15 03:06:29 CET 2009

>> This device doesn't seem to be supported yet. Does Roland make the
>> specifications available, etc? The device is not compatible with USB
>> Audio, but rather uses Vendor Specific Class.
>
> It appears to have most of the audio class descriptors, so it should be
> possible to tell the driver to just use it.
>
> Please try to add the following entry somewhere in sound/usb/usbquirks.h
> and to recompile the driver:
>

> {
> 	/* Edirol M-16DX */
> 	USB_DEVICE(0x0582, 0x00c4),
> 	.driver_info = (unsigned long) & (const struct snd_usb_audio_quirk) {
> 		.ifnum = QUIRK_ANY_INTERFACE,
> 		.type = QUIRK_COMPOSITE,
> 		.data = (const struct snd_usb_audio_quirk[]) {
> 			{
> 				.ifnum = 0,
> 				.type = QUIRK_AUDIO_STANDARD_INTERFACE
> 			},
> 			{
> 				.ifnum = 1,
> 				.type = QUIRK_AUDIO_STANDARD_INTERFACE
> 			},
> 			{
> 				.ifnum = 2,
> 				.type = QUIRK_MIDI_FIXED_ENDPOINT,
> 				.data = & (const struct snd_usb_midi_endpoint_info) {
> 					.out_cables = 0x0001,
> 					.in_cables  = 0x0001
> 				}
> 			},
> 			{
> 				.ifnum = -1
> 			}
> 		}
> 	}
> },

Could you add this quirk to the alsa-driver distribution as well? I'm
getting tired of patching it myself for every new release :)

Note: playback doesn't actually work because it is not properly
synchronized. The device also doesn't have any MIDI ports, but maybe
that's for remote control of parameters?