[alsa-devel] Fedora 10 x86_64 alsa problem: Realtek ALC889A Audio Codec(ATI azalia) not detected on alsa

Emmanuel Chanel emmanuelchanel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 21:04:25 CET 2009

> I'm like 99% sure that this board is working. A friend of mine had
> Gigabyte 690G, and I believe it was this one and it was working fully.
> Are you sure everything is enabled (not auto) in BIOS properly and
> that you have lastest BIOS?
>
> Vedran Miletić

When I checked BIOS, onboard sound setting was "AUTO" and not Enabled.
But I could listen system sound on Ubuntu 7.04 i386 Live CD. So it
wouldnb't be the BIOS problem. I'm not sure that I have latest BIOS
since I haven't updated BIOS or even booted Windows on it.

--
Emmanuel Chanel <emmanuelchanel at gmail.com>