[alsa-devel] PXA SSP - work in progress

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Mar 13 15:37:24 CET 2009

I worked a bit on the PXA SSP code last night and was able to come up
with a configuration which uses non-network mode for I2S and works well
on the Zylonite.  I'll post the current series I have in a followup to
this, if you could take a look that'd be great - I haven't yet worked
through all the testing I'd like to do.

Unfortunately it's going to have broken Daniel's configuration since I
inverted the sense of LRCLK as the chip seemed not to generate an LRCLK
with a non-zero frame delay; I need to check to see if this is just
something I've overlooked.  Hopefully Daniel's system should just have
inverted the left and right channels.

Having worked through non-network mode my feeling is that we should be
able to come up with something that can figure out the extra clock
cycles needed for Daniel's configuration with less of a special case.
Non-network mode does seem like a better default than network mode
because it avoids needing to look at the TDM configuration unless you
want to use that.