[alsa-devel] How can PCI resource allocation fail?

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Mar 13 09:24:15 CET 2009

At Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:44:26 +0100,
Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> Christian P. Schmidt wrote:
> > I'm toying with the alsa-driver for the Creative Labs X-Fi. I'm working
> > on the PCI Express version of this card,
>
> ... which isn't supported ...

You can try sound-unstable tree.  If your device is a Vista-compatible
model, it may work with snd-hda-intel (with a luck).

   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable-2.6.git

The corresponding alsa-driver snapshot is:
   ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz

If it's no Vista-compatible (i.e. HD-audio compatible) model, you can
try topic/sbxfi branch of the sound unstable tree above.  Just
pull/merge the branch after cloning.