[alsa-devel] sys/class entry not created for jack in machine driver

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Thu Mar 12 15:39:31 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 04:54:16AM -0500, Lopez Cruz, Misael wrote:

> case of jacks not belonging to a codec, they never get registered. A jack
> device in a codec driver gets registered because codec when initializing
> the SoC card (snd_soc_init_card) registers the sound card, and the sound
> card registers all sound devices added to it, among them the jack device.

Ah, you should move the jack registration to the device initialisation -
it needs to happen before the card is registered.  Putting it in
sdp4030_twl4030_init() ought to do the job.

> I'm registering the jack device after it's created (in function
> snd_jack_new) and now I get the sys/class entry for the headset jack in
> my machine driver. What do you think about that solution?

That shouldn't be required.

BTW, when talking about code modifications you've done it's normally
helpful if you post the change you've made to reduce the chances of
miscommunication.