[alsa-devel] snd-soc-pxa-ssp I2C/FIFO issues

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Tue Mar 10 16:47:41 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 05:44:46PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 04:36:29PM +0100, Daniel Mack wrote:
>
> > Mark says he'd rather like me to use/abuse the set_clk_div() interface
> > for that but IMO that's an evil hack. The next CPU would need a similar
> > thing to be used with this codec, so there should be a clean way to
> > achive that.
>
> The point here is that this is already fairly widely supported with some
> combination of that approach and network mode and adding a third method
> only makes things more complex, especially with more flexibile devices
> which are capable of supporting combinations of these options

Ok, there might be an even more straight-forward solution for this
problem: As we know already from the DIV_SCR divider what our
BCLK/LRCLK ratio is, we can add a special case for the mode I need, as
implemented in the patch below.

Philipp, could you test that again on your board, please?
Applies on top of the other one ("pxa-ssp: don't touch ssp registers
...") I just posted.

Thanks,
Daniel