[alsa-devel] [RFC/PATCH] pxa2xx_ac97 and gpio reset line

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Sun Mar 8 20:31:39 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 07:59:38PM +0100, Robert Jarzmik wrote:

> Would you like me to help you with this platform data. This GPIO thing is
> breaking mioa701 GSM chip (not damaging this time :)), so would you like me to
> cook up the platform data passed to pxa2xx-ac97, and amend my patch accordingly

I've not done anything with this.  I wasn't really intending to do the
platform data bit myself, the driver should just default to using the
standard setting when no platform data is supplied.

> PS: passing that platform data is easy, I should have done it right from the

Well, yes.

> start. I can't see how I missed the simple platform_data in pxa2xx_ac97 probe
> function ... grrr... Must be the belgian food I tried.

Note that at present ASoC does not use the platform device for the AC97
controller at all, it just starts talking to the hardware.  That's the
bit I was intending to deal with.