[alsa-devel] Crash when snd_pcm_open is called from a thread with "pulse" as playback

Nicolas.Castagne at imag.fr Nicolas.Castagne at imag.fr
Wed Mar 4 09:20:49 CET 2009

Hi folks,

I hope I post on the correct mail list...
I've read somewhere that I should report bugs on a list, and not only on
the Tracker. That's the aim of this message.

On all my Fedora 10 machines,
has been called from a pthread using "pulse" as playback
then the program crashes when the thread terminates.

Crash in __nptl_deallocate_tsd

However, AFAIK, one should be able to call snd_pcm_open from a thread.

The full bug report is there, with a very simple sample code :

I think this bug relates directly to alsa.
I hope this report is useful.