[alsa-devel] [RFC] cmi8330: Add basic CMI8329 support

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Jun 29 08:25:05 CEST 2009

At Sat, 27 Jun 2009 17:07:31 +0200,
Ondrej Zary wrote:

> Add basic support for CMI8329 cards. It seems to be very similar to CMI8330,
> but the PnP devices are different:
>  - AD1848 (WSS) and SB16 device IDs are swapped
>  - the OPL3 port is contained in SB16 device, not AD1848 (WSS)
>  - there is A@@0001 device (looks like some control interface - it has only
>    one 8-bit I/O address)

Does CMI8329 have the very same device ids?
If "A@@00" is 8329-specific, you can prepend an entry like

	{.id = "CMI0001", .devs = {{"@X at 0001"}, {"@@@0001"}, {"@H at 0001"}, {"A@@001"}},

(Note the first two are swapped.)

> Is my detection code correct, shouldn't the struct pnp_dev returned
> pnp_request_card_device() be released somehow?

I guess so.  But looks like a non-critical issue.

> Also the mixer seems to be a bit different - master volume does not work
> currently.

This is a problem...  Does "SB Master" play any role?

thanks,