[alsa-devel] Should my Creative X-fi card be loading the snd-hda-intel module

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 26 13:18:52 CEST 2009

>> Shouldn't it be loading snd-hda-codec-ca0110 instead?
>
>snd-hda-codec-ca0110 is a slave module loaded by snd-hda-intel.
>
>Takashi

The problem is, my Creative X-fi isn't being recognized any more, even though the modules are there and have been loaded.

My onboard card is an hda-intel. And my utilities and programs don't find the Creative card. They only find the onboard card.

I have added asoundconf to my alsa-utils, and asoundconf list shows only:
Intel
system (my usb card)

winecfg shows the same.

My goal is to get the card running again under wine.

Susan