[alsa-devel] Reg: Implementation of GSM digital audio path

shariff shariffsinbox at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 13:52:55 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

         Thanks for your suggestions.

         I have one more question:

         In GSM mode. I have to also take audio data from TWL4030 MIC input
and redirect to GSM.

         From your theory,  If

                          0.0: TWL digital audio
                          0.1: My GSM codec

                          arecord -Dplughw:0.1 | aplay -Dplughw:0.0
GSM to TWL4030.

                          Can I specify,  for TWL4030 to GSM

                          arecord -Dplughw:0.0 | aplay
-Dplughw:0.1            .Is this the correct thing? Can  I both things at
the same time?

        If I want to record a GSM call?  I have to record both the
conversations and copy in one file. since here both the buffers are
independent.

        How this can be done?

Thanks & Regards,
Shariff