[alsa-devel] Reg: Implementation of GSM digital audio path

shariff shariffsinbox at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 13:27:46 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

      Thanks for quick response. I understood some what from your mail.

      I will explain, how my hardware is connected.

                        USB GSM chip -> McBSP3

                                                    McBSP2 -> TWL4030

      Here, playback functionality will not be there in the GSM path. I need
to take audio data from GSM. and redirect this
      to TWL4030 codec.

      The thing is, How and where to implement this GSM path without
playback? as I am new to this ASoC framework.

      What I understood from ur mail is.  Audio is being redirected from the
application space i.e arecord will record and store in buffer and this
buffer is

      being played using aplay to other hardware (twl4030).

      Can we handle the same thing in kernel space ( i.e in driver itself).

Regards,
Shariff