[alsa-devel] Should my Creative X-fi card be loading the snd-hda-intel module

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 24 20:51:22 CEST 2009

Bill,
My creative x-fi card used to work great with the daily build, and the module I mentioned.
I've been away for it for a couple of months because I need sound for wine programs and there were issues with wine sound, and I just got back.
I was surprised to see such a big step backward.
When I was last using a daily build, both unstable and stable worked for me.
Susan

Susan,
I also had a CA110-IBG chip on my Creative X-Fi.
Never could get it to work, not under Ubuntu or Fedora, not with the Creative-supplied driver and also not with ctxfi.
So we dropped that card and went to using an Asus PCI-e sound card instead.

As for what module should load, here is what Takashi said on June 11:

Are you sure that your board has really emu20k1 or emu20k2 chip?
X-Fi isn't always with these chips. Some are HD-audio only (thus
snd-hda-intel is the right driver) and some are with CA0106 chip.