[alsa-devel] Samsung P50 Heaphone Jack-Sense not working with latest ALSA

Tue Jun 23 14:25:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

last year Takashi did help me to get the digital output and the
internal/external mic up and running on my Samsung P50 notebook with an
integrated Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition
Audio Controller.

Some time ago I switched from Ubuntu 7.10 to 8.10 and a new problem with the
soundcard occurred. The Headphone/Line-Out Jack-Sense is not working. When I
plug in my Headphones the internal speakers of the notebook aren't switched
off. I've ignored that problem for a long time but now I'm willing to change
this.

I've already upgraded my system to ALSA 1.0.20 with a script provided in the
Ubuntu Forums [2]. I've used the build-in support for the latest snapshots
provided at [3] of the script. But the problem still exists.

Can anyone (perhaps Takashi again) help me?

You can find all ALSA related information about my system at [4].

Regards,
Martin

[1] http://tinyurl.com/mkw8mz
[2] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6589810#post6589810