[alsa-devel] Noisy USB audio stream using MPlayer

Eran Ben-Avi eranpublic at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 12:03:43 CEST 2009

----- Original Message ----

When I disabled the mmap support I got the following messages while running the mplayer:

[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_direct.c:874:(snd_pcm_direct_initialize_slave) slave plugin does not support mmap interleaved or mmap
 noninterleaved access
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_dmix.c:876:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to initialize slave
[AO_ALSA] Playback open error: Invalid argument
Opening /dev/dvb/adapter0/audio0
DVB AUDIO DEVICE: No such file or directory

seems like ALSA-LIB doesn't really like it.

Thanks,
Eran