[alsa-devel] Understanding _snd_pcm_channel_area Struct (PCM Interface)!

Guilherme grlongo.ireland at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:40:35 CEST 2009

Hi all.

I am a bit confused on what I get with this function.
I finished my first project but I did not understand what exactly the

_snd_pcm_channel_area at

 http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/struct__snd__pcm__channel__area.html

does.

There are 3 fields in the documentation.

addr, first and step.

It seems that addr is the memory address of the channel samples... so
far so good. The "step" is the distance between 2 sample (but I am not
sure) and the least, "first", I could not figure out what does it means.

Could I get some help from here?

Thanks in advanced!

Tks!

Guilherme Longo
Dept. Eng. da Computação
Unaerp

Linux User - #484927

*Before Asking
http://www.istf.com.br/?page=perguntas

!- I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees -!