[alsa-devel] IDT quirks...where?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jun 20 00:25:21 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 18:05 -0400, Daniel Chen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Adam Williamson<awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > patch_*.c files seems to cover IDT codecs. What's the story with these?
> > Where do their quirks go? Does current ALSA have one already? (I did try
>
> Use sound/pci/hda/patch_sigmatel.c::stac92hd71bxx_cfg_tbl[].

Thanks for that. We chatted on IRC: follow up for the list, this is
already covered in current ALSA (by a wildcard, which is why I missed
it), but F11 is still using ALSA driver bits from kernel 2.6.29 (so
1.0.18a vintage). Practically speaking it's probably not worth trying to
backport the later IDT/Sigmatel fixes, I'll just leave it and it'll get
fixed when F11 goes to kernel 2.6.30.

Thanks very much for the information, Daniel.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey