[alsa-devel] RFC: PCM extra attributes

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 14:43:08 CEST 2009

2009/6/19 Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de>:

> The alsamixer view isn't the issue I'm concerned.
> These spontaneous controls should be IFACE_PCM in the first place.
> They shouldn't be IFACE_MIXER.  For example, IEC958 status bits can be
> associated to a dedicated PCM substream.

Would an option could be to stream the IEC958 status bits with the PCM stream?
I.e. As an extra channel of the PCM multichannel stream.
Another option could be to stream the gain control values with the PCM stream.
I.e. Instead of attributes attached to the PCM, stream those
attributes with the PCM stream.