[alsa-devel] Please help in adding ams-delta support to ASoC

Janusz Krzysztofik jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl
Fri Jun 19 13:20:37 CEST 2009

Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Janusz Krzysztofik <jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl> [090618 14:52]:
>> Tony Lindgren wrote:
>>> On omap1, DSP needs to be powered and idled before some mcbsp clocks can
>>> be used. Or at least needs to be powered up.
>> AFAICS there is no DSP code in mainline at all, so the answer is no, DSP
>> was likely not powered up at all. For several weeks I was trying to do
>> what was impossible :/. But fortunatelly, I have learned a lot ;).
> We at least used to have code to power and idle the DSP even without the
> dspgateway compiled in.. Sorry I don't remember the details. But most
> likely you need to have the dspgateway patch enabled.

Thanks for clarifying things.

Arun K S wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Janusz
> Krzysztofik<jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl> wrote:
>> ... I retried the new driver on commit
>> 90e758af52ba803cba233fabee81176d99589f09 and confirmed the prevoiusly seen
>> hangup. I found that it was omap_mcbsp_request() never returning back from.
> I faced the same issue while writing ASoC driver for tlv320aic23b codec.
> You can have a look at this thread:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@vger.kernel.org/msg03852.html
> It may help.

Thanks, it's good to hear not only me having this problem ;). So what is
the current status of your osk driver? What tree do you use, what extra
patches do you apply to make it actually working?

After all, could someone please give me an advise, what tree, even with
buggy omap1510 mcbsp/dsp support, should I base my work on for best
results? Omap? Sound? Mainline? I mean not only easy getting the driver
working, but also giving it the best possible path into the mainline.

To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe alsa-devel" in
the body of a message to majordomo at vger.kernel.org