[alsa-devel] submitting patches to ALSA

Harsha, Priya priya.harsha at intel.com
Thu Jun 18 18:03:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

This is the first time I am planning to submit patches to ALSA. Are there any tips/rules I need to follow?

I have followed the general guidelines like checkpatch, testing with different debug configs etc.

I have a few questions;
1. Against which kernel tree should I create patches to submit to ALSA devel mailing list?
2. I have to download firmware as a part of my driver. This firmware file is freely distributable. How should I share the firmware binary file when I send the patches? The firmware binary file would reside in /lib/firmware
3. Is there anything else I need to send to the mailing list in addition to the patches?
4. Are there any test suits that I can use to test the driver?

Thanks,
Harsha