[alsa-devel] [RFC] I2S and LEFT_J

Daniel Ribeiro drwyrm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 14:30:58 CEST 2009

Em Qui, 2009-06-18 às 15:58 +0800, Eric Miao escreveu:
> Daniel,
>
> Could you give me an example of how can I setup the I2S in-compatible
> mode with S_16LE, 64bitfs with your current patch? Thanks.

Hi Eric,

If your codec can work with S16LE and 32bitfs, then i suggest you to use
this mode. If not, then you need to setup TDM.

For 2*16 on 32bitfs:
Don't call set_tdm_slot().

For 2*16 on 64bitfs:
Call set_tdm_slot(5, 5, 4, 16).

For 2*16 on 128bitfs:
Call set_tdm_slot(0x11, 0x11, 8, 16).

For 2*32 on 64bitfs:
Don't call set_tdm_slot().

For 2*32 on 128bitfs:
Call set_tdm_slot(5, 5, 4, 32).

Please note that I have _not_ tested the sample_width * channels !=
frame_width cases(only possible on PXA3XX), and maybe we still need to
amend these.

--
Daniel Ribeiro