[alsa-devel] Regarding internal mic on Aspire 6935G

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Jun 18 14:08:06 CEST 2009

At Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:14:31 +0800,
Karthik Ramgopal wrote:

> Hi,
>         How to check if it works in stereo or mono mode? I remember
> reading hector's entry on his blog that on account of some wierd
> sum/difference problem he had duplicated the + signal across both
> outputs so it was actually mono?

You can check which format / quality is used to record in gnome
sound recorder.  Try to record as Ogg, for example.

Also, you can try to reproduce the problem via aplay.
Record like
	% arecord -Dplughw -fdat -c1 foo.wav
and
	% arecord -Dplughw -fdat foo.wav
Are both correctly recorded?

(On a system with pulseaudio, run with pasuspender such as

	% pasuspender -- arecord ...