[alsa-devel] Please help in adding ams-delta support to ASoC

Janusz Krzysztofik jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl
Thu Jun 18 13:40:56 CEST 2009

Jarkko Nikula wrote:
> Hmm, recall, did you try hacking the ASoC driver at the same commit
> d8376cc482b241701f7606c81ad578b90853e175 where older driver still
> exists and works? There has been ASoC OMAP fixes and changes since
> then but nothing which can explain why it doesn't work now for 1510.
>
> There we would know that clock framework, register access etc. works for
> McBSP on 1510.

Yes, after realizing that possible lack of OMAP1510 McBSP1/3 / DSP
support in the mainline tree could be the reason of my problem, I got
back to omap tree. First I retried the new driver on commit
90e758af52ba803cba233fabee81176d99589f09 and confirmed the prevoiusly
seen hangup. I found that it was omap_mcbsp_request() never returning
back from.

Then I retired the same on the commit
d8376cc482b241701f7606c81ad578b90853e175 and got similiar hangup. Next,
I moved mcbsp initialization to a boot time hook and finally heard a
sound and got my first DMA interrupt!

So it seams I have finally managed to take all necessary steps back, and
now I can go forward, I hope :).

Thanks,
Janusz