[alsa-devel] Please help in adding ams-delta support to ASoC

Jarkko Nikula jhnikula at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:16:33 CEST 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:22:34 +0200
Janusz Krzysztofik <jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl> wrote:

> > - original patch ported to the last l-o commit supporting omap-alsa:
> >   - playback: works as before,
> >   - capture: both </dev/dsp and arecord give null output,
> >     but DMA interrupts still work.
>
> Not that I would see it as a real progress, but to clarify things: I
> have managed to solve this particular problem with capture by
> patching sound/arm/omap/omap-alsa.c (call omap_get_dma_dst_pos()
> instead of omap_get_dma_src_pos() from audio_get_dma_pos() in case of
> (stream_id == SNDRV_PCM_STREAM_CAPTURE)). The original code stopped
> working after changes introduced to omap_get_dma_src_pos() with this
> patch: http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=121280267705523.

Nice step forward. From quick look of the patch I see that patch is
changing how the source and destination positions are read for omap1.

While I don't have idea can this explain the ceased DMA in 1510 but
will the playback in original code work again if you change line
"offset = dma_read (CPC(lch));" to "offset = dma_read(CSSA_L(lch));" in
omap_get_dma_src_pos? Or read both CSSA_L and CSSA_U at once like code
before?

--
Jarkko