[alsa-devel] x-fi drivers and ati hdmi sound

Matthias Diehl matthias-diehl at web.de
Thu Jun 11 19:42:24 CEST 2009

hey Takashi,

i'm really looking forward to you newest x-fi "hack".
i loaded the file >> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz << and tried to install it but i think there are problems with my graphics adapter (ati radeon hd 4870) which has a hdmi-soundchip onboard (hda intel).

i dont know how to deactivate the hdmi-soundchip on my graphics adapter.

lspci | grep audio shows me when installing your driver next to the hdmi driver:
01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc HD48x0 audio
05:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB X-Fi

but there's no device to select in the audio options.

do you have any idea or help for me?

kind regards from germany,

matthias