[alsa-devel] SB X-Fi driver fixes (Re: Testers wanted: New SB X-Fi driver)

Gernot Kohlhaas gernot.kohlhaas at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 9 19:11:02 CEST 2009

Takashi Iwai schrieb:
>> Hm, please double-check later.  I really don't see any possible cause
>> of this.
Okay... Newest alsa-driver-snapshot - no change. Still got these hiccups
when compiling with --with-debug=full.

>> OK, this implies either a spin deadlock or a dead-end in the irq
>> handler.
>>
>> Anyway, please try the very latest alsa-driver-snapshot.
Sorry... No luck... It still crashes.

>> If it still
>> doesn't work, let me know whether use_system_timer=1 works around the
>> crash.
Yes! With use_system_timer everything works fine!

>> If yes, just try to comment out all spin_*() calls in
>> cttimer.c.
Sorry... Still crashes. Only use_system_timer worked so far...

> Also, show your ~/.asoundrc setup so that I can try to reproduce
> the same bug with my test machine.
Here it is:
pcm.xfi
{
        type hw
        card 0
  channels 6
}

ctl.xfi
{
        type hw
        card 0
}

pcm.ch51dup {
         slave.pcm "plug:lowpass51"
         slave.channels 6
         type route
         ttable.0.0 1
         ttable.1.1 1
         ttable.0.2 1
         ttable.1.3 1
         ttable.0.4 0.5
         ttable.1.4 0.5
         ttable.0.5 1
         ttable.1.5 1
}

pcm.lowpass51 {
    type ladspa
    slave.pcm default
    path "/usr/lib/ladspa"
    plugins {
        0 {
            id 1098 # Identity (Audio) (1098/identity_audio)
            policy duplicate
            input.bindings.0 "Input";
            output.bindings.0 "Output";
        }