[alsa-devel] Default enabling of mixer controls

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Tue Jun 9 08:57:39 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 09 June 2009 06:45:24 ext Aggarwal, Anuj wrote:
> > Hrm, you'll be missing some internal DAPM state updates.  Currently the
> > most direct way to do that would be to go through the actual control
> > interface and there's not a particularly nice way of doing that that
> > from the kernel that I'm aware of.

Should the snd_soc_dapm_sync(codec); need to be called after the register
updates?

> > Is this not something you can have user space do?
>
> [Aggarwal, Anuj] Since this was by default enabled in my earlier codec
> driver, I wanted to make the change transparent to the end user. However,
> since the same can be done from user space too, it should not be a problem
> for my customer.

I think this should be done by the user space as well. I have had plans to
disable all paths by default on the twl4030 codec, and let the user space to
configure for the given board. At least that is what we are doing in our
custom board.

Péter