[alsa-devel] Default enabling of mixer controls

Aggarwal, Anuj anuj.aggarwal at ti.com
Mon Jun 8 16:24:00 CEST 2009

It is not working for me.

I wrote this small piece of code:

static int omap3evm_twl4030_init(struct snd_soc_codec *codec)
{
	unsigned short reg;

	printk (KERN_DEBUG "inside omap3evm_twl4030_init\n\n");

	/* Enable Analog Left Capture Route AUXL */
	reg = codec->read(codec, TWL4030_REG_ANAMICL);
	reg |= TWL4030_AUXL_EN;
	codec->write(codec, TWL4030_REG_ANAMICL, reg);

	/* Enable Analog Right Capture Route AUXR */
	reg = codec->read(codec, TWL4030_REG_ANAMICR);
	reg |= TWL4030_AUXR_EN;
	codec->write(codec, TWL4030_REG_ANAMICR, reg);

	return 0;
}

After that, if I do a get on Analog Left Capture Route AUXL (or the other),
I am seeing that it has been turned ON. However, when I try to capture,
It doesn't work. I have to disable it first and then re-enable it to
capture properly.

Any clues?

Regards,
Anuj Aggarwal