[alsa-devel] Audio driver for dbAu1250 Development board

Manuel Lauss mano at roarinelk.homelinux.net
Mon Jun 8 08:06:16 CEST 2009

Hello!

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 09:26:55AM +0530, Manjunath A M wrote:
> I need to use the kernel for DB1250 borad..with the patches that you are
> suggesting will audio work on this board??

Yes, I don't  have any problems with audio playback on my Db1200.  A note
on I2S though:  you need to unmute the "HiFi Playback Switch" in alsamixer
before starting playback, otherwise the WM8731 won't provide bitclock and
you'll get timeout errors on playback.  AC97 works fine as-is.

> kindly provide me the link for patches that you are suggesting..

At a minimum, apply these here in this order:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-mips&m=124429033530426&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-mips&m=124440001201703&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-mips&m=124440013101823&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-mips&m=124440005401759&w=2   (Db1200 audio)

The last two contain new DB1200 support and DB1200 audio system; they
depend on the first two.

These are part of 2 separate patchseries I posted to linux-mips over
the weekend.  I'd by very grateful if you could give them a spin,
Alchemy testers are very rare...

These links point to the first patches in each series, apply them in
this order:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-mips&m=124429030830390&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-mips&m=124440000101690&w=2

	Manuel Lauss