[alsa-devel] Setting gain/volume of PCM capture or playback

erumusele Odigie erumusele at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 04:22:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am new to programming with ALSA, and I would like to find out how to
change the gain (capture or playback) for my PCM device in my C code.

I am aware I am supposed to use the mixer API, possibly functions like:
snd_mixer_selem_set_playback_volume()

but I don't know how this function can be connected to my PCM
structure/device.

Please whoever answers this should kindly attach some sample code, or a link
to sample code because I can't find any on line.

Thanks a lot.

Erumusele