[alsa-devel] Please help in adding ams-delta support to ASoC

Janusz Krzysztofik jkrzyszt at tis.icnet.pl
Wed Jun 3 09:24:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

Tuesday 02 June 2009 19:32:14 Jarkko Nikula wrote:
> > It is not clear for me if MCLK
> > is really used by the codec, or it is possible that it gets its
> > master clock from an other, modem related source, and if this does
> > really matter.
>
> Hmm. Are there any possibility that ams_delta_latch2_write requires
> working MCLK for latch change?

Looks like it doesn't. See below.

> Probably you could use also older implementation to find out is the
> MCLK required for codec by commenting out vc_mclk control.

Thanks! The origial driver with commented out clk_enable(vc_clk) and
clk_disable(vc_clk) still works for me, so MCLK is not required! If I only
knew what to do with this finding...

> Just hack the same "static struct omap_mcbsp_reg_cfg mcbsp_regs =
> { ..." in omap-mcbsp.c and pass that structure instead of
> &mcbsp_data->regs to omap_mcbsp_config in omap_mcbsp_dai_hw_params.

Done. Did not help. Again, I really don't know how to make use of this finding
except for looking in a different place.

I tried to disassemble one of my deltas to get to those pins, but did not yet
find a way to do it without breaking its case. I'll ask at E3-hacking list.

Thanks,
Janusz