[alsa-devel] ALSA patch Nvidia 8 channel hdmi audio

Wei Ni wni at nvidia.com
Wed Jun 3 09:14:19 CEST 2009

Hi, Marek and Alan
I'm a Nvidia engineer and develop this patch file.

I used mplayer to test. The channels are mapped good.
Running mplayer -ao alsa:device=hw=0.3 6ch.wav

I tried to use speaker-test to test, but I can't get the hdmi device name.
I used speaker-test -Dsurround51:NVidia -c6, the sound output from the analog jack.
Which device name should I use?

I use aplay -l, it show
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC1200 Analog [ALC1200 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC1200 Digital [ALC1200 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Thanks
Wei.