[alsa-devel] ASoC: TWL4030 driver support multi channel playback

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Tue Jun 2 12:25:33 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 02 June 2009 13:02:38 ext Naveen Krishna Ch wrote:
> 2009/6/2 Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
>
> > On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 03:24:11PM +0530, Naveen Krishna Ch wrote:
> > > I am done with the entire back porting of ASoC.
> > >
> > > I can see the dapm widgets getting ON/OFF and codec registers being
> >
> > changed.
> >
> > > But, there is no audio out.  Am i missing somthing
> > >
> > > A direct aplay should play the audio on the headset, right?

By default the headset outputs should work (AudioL2 and AudioR2 is routed to
the output).
Try with the following:
aplay -f dat /dev/urandom
If there is no noise, than from another terminal try to play with the alsa
mixers...

> >  As a first step I would check that there is data being
> > transferred over the digital link to the CODEC, then look at the
> > audio routing to ensure that the signal is routed to the output.
>
> Thanks for suggestions..

If aplay exits with timeout, than it means that the clocks are not running.
You can check the HW/SW pointers if they are moving while the playback is
running:
cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/status

--
Péter